COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
What do I need to do to access the club upon its reopening?
Before your visit
You’ll need to pre-book access to the following through our new mobile application. Pre-booking on the app is mandatory to:
- Access the gym floor (subject to availability – select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app)
- Book your spot for your preferred group exercise class (subject to availability).
During your visit
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Show your app to our Front of House team to verify your booking.
- Please download the MySejahtera app to complete the health declaration form and scan QR code upon entry to our clubs.
- Have your temperature checked at Front of House upon entry – we reserve the right to deny entry if your temperature above 37.5 degrees or is experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose, difficulty in breathing and sore throat.
- Sanitise your hands upon entry and exit.
- Please wear a face mask before and after activity.
- Observe good personal hygiene including wiping down equipment before and after use.
- Observe safe social distancing at all times.
If I just want to use the cardio/ strength and/or free weights area, do I still need to make a booking?
Yes, you must make a booking in order to gain access to the gym - select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app (subject to availability of slots).
If I want to join a group fitness class, do I need to book both ‘Gym Floor Access’ and the group exercise class?
No, you only need to book a spot in the group exercise class you wish to attend, subject to availability of slots in the class. You must make your booking prior to coming to the gym.
How long can I stay in the gym?
This will depend on your booking session. Please adhere to your booked timelines and leave immediately after your session.
Does the time slot include the time I will need to shower / change?
Yes, the time slot will cater for time to allow for a quick shower/ change.
Why do I need to book gym floor access?
We have implemented this new booking system to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. This, together with some other new in-club guidelines, seek to mitigate the health risks surrounding Covid-19. We continue to monitor the circumstances surrounding this global health pandemic and will adjust our policies accordingly in response to new developments.
Are all classes available for booking via the app?
Some classes are only exclusively for members only and is not bookable for non-members. Not all classes require booking through the app.
For those classes, just click on the Interested button to save the class schedule into your calendar as a reminder. This action does not guarantee you a spot in the class. You still need to walk-in to the class to secure a spot for yourself on a first come, first served basis.
How do I start booking my spot through the app?
Please follow these steps:
1) Download Fitness First Asia or Celebrity Fitness Asia app through App Store / Play Store
2) Sign in / Sign up as a member / guest by entering your email address (For members, please use the email provided when you joined the club), create your own password (for first time login only) and select your country.
3) Non-members will need to fill up their details to register.
4) Click on Class Topic and search for one of our classes scheduled and click on the "Book" button.
6) Your class is now booked.
Is the app available for booking daily?
Yes, the app is available for online booking 24/7 daily.
How many classes or gym floor access can i book per day?
To allow other members an opportunity to train, please only book one (1) gym floor access and one (1) class slot per day.
How far in advance can I book a spot in a class?
Classes are open for booking 46 hours in advance prior to class start time. Booking acceptance is 24/7 every day.
What if the class I wish to sign up for is full?
While we are working on additional feature to support a waiting list concept in the app, members may walk into the club to try for in-club group exercise class registration. In-club registration opens 30 minutes before class. Members can book up to 5 minutes before class.
How do I cancel my bookings?
On the Home screen click on Bookings > Upcoming > Click on the class you want to cancel > Click on 'Cancel booking'.
If you are a paying guest or member going to a higher tier club:
- Class booking cancellation done more than 1 hour before the class starts
- Class booking cancellation done less than 1 hour before the class starts
Can I attend a class if I haven’t booked a spot?
Members may walk into the club to try for in-club group exercise class registration. In-club registration opens 30 minutes before class.
5 minutes before a class starts, our staff members will start releasing spots available for all members, subject to availability.
Can I book a spot for a friend?
You are only able to book a spot for yourself. If your friend or family member would like to purchase a class access, they will need to download the app and register on the app before they can proceed to buy the class access.
Note that access to classes will be available only based on first come, first served basis (subject to walk in capacity allocated per class).
Where can I view my class bookings?
In the Home screen, click on Bookings in the menu bar at the bottom. This will take you to your upcoming and past classes.
How soon should I arrive before the scheduled class starts?
Class check-in opens at reception 30 minutes prior to class and closes 5 minutes before class.
If I’ve already booked my spot in a class through the app, do I still need to register/verify my attendance at the club?
You will need to verify your booking at our Front of House when you check-in.
Can I purchase a daily pass for my friend or family member?
In order to continue to mitigate the health risks surrounding COVID-19 and to observe sufficient social distancing, we regret to inform you that gym access and classes are members-only at this time.
Waitlist and Penalties
How do I go on the waitlist for a class or gym floor booking?
On the timetable select the preferred class or gym floor that you want to book > tap on Register on waitlist if the class is fully booked.
How do i know if my waitlist booking is accepted?
You will receive a booking confirmation email/push notification once your booking has been confirmed.
Waitlist booking rule
- You can go on a waitlist as soon as the class is available within 46 hours if the class is fully booked.
- You can go on a waitlist up to 60 minutes before the class starts. The waitlist window closes once we reach 60 minutes before the class starts.
What do you mean by PENALTY?
A penalty strike refers to a “booking freeze” via the app. This means you will be unable to book a slot for 7 days via the app.
You can still proceed to the club and check with our Front of House team if there is availability for an immediate spot.
If there is space, they will manually help to check you in during this time.
What will constitute a “booking freeze penalty” via the app?
A “booking freeze penalty” will only be imposed if
- You do not show up at all for the booked slot. Note, if you are able to make it to the front of house at least 5 minutes before your class slot ends, you can still check in at our Front of House and you will not get a penalty strike.
Booked session 2pm to 3pm. Member checks in at 2.15pm - Show
Booked session 2pm to 3pm. Member checks in at 2.55pm or 2.57pm - No Show
- You are a booked member and have cancelled the slot less than 1 hour before the class start time. This is imposed to allow time for a waitlisted member to get a slot in the session.
- You are a waitlisted member who has a confirmed slot and cancel the slot within 5 minutes before the class start time.
Booking Cancellation Penalties
- No penalty imposed on cancellations made more than 1 hour before the class starts.
- Members who cancel their bookings less than 1 hour before the session starts 6 times within a 30-day period, we will incur a penalty, namely a 7-day suspension of their booking privileges.
Waitlist Booking Cancellation Penalties
If your waitlist booking is confirmed and you cannot make your session, you are still required to cancel:
What if I can’t cancel in time due to unforeseen circumstances (traffic, ast minute meeting etc)?
- No penalty imposed on cancellations made more than 5 minutes before the class starts.
- Members who cancel their bookings less than 5 minutes before the session starts 6 times within a 30-day period, we will incur a penalty, namely a 7-day suspension of their booking privileges.
We get it - sometimes emergencies happen! Which is why the “booking freeze penalty” is only imposed if this happens 6 times within 30 days. Not one-off. Even if you are running late, you can still proceed to the club Front of House and check in at least 5 mins before the end of your booked slot and you will not receive a penalty strike. Penalties are only imposed when you receive 6 strikes from no shows/cancellation OR a combination of both within 30 days.Can I still train during this 7 days booking freeze period? Will I be charged a penalty fee?
There will not be any monetary penalty imposed, and you can still proceed to the club and check if there is availability for an immediate spot. The team can manually check you in during this time. After 7 days your booking rights will resume as normal.
Why are you limiting me to only book 2 sessions a day (class/gym access)?
Since we are still operating during RMCO, we have to maintain a safe capacity limit within our clubs at all time. This is so that we can be fair and courteous to other members, and to give them a chance to get into the classes, which often gets full very quickly.
CHALLENGES & ACHIEVEMENTS
I just completed an achievement but I didn’t get the badge.
Achievements are automatically calculated online and can take up to fifteen minutes to be awarded. If after fifteen minutes you still haven’t received your achievement, please contact our front of house team.
What kind of challenges can I take part through the app?
The club or country will post new challenges in the app from time to time, so watch out for it.
Can I take part in more than one challenge at a time?
Yes, you can.
Can I invite my friend who is a non-member to participate in the challenge? Can non-members take part in the challenges?
Challenges are open to members only.
What data does the app collect, and how will it be used?
We and/or our third party service providers may collect information about your location when you use or access the App. The location data we collect varies in degree and is dependent upon data from your device through settings you activate on your device; or other location sources such as IP address. You may disable the collection and use of your location data through your browser, operating system, or device-level settings.
Do I get any notification from the app?
Yes. Please enable the "Notification" setting in your phone to allow notifications to come through.
Fitness First and Celebrity Fitness reserve the right to alter any of the clauses contained herein in compliance with local legislation, to meet its global policy requirements, and for any other purpose deemed necessary by the Company.