We can’t wait to have you back to continue your fitness journey with us. Our facilities team will be undertaking a series of inspections and servicing procedures to make sure that our fitness centres are safe to welcome you back.
For your safety and wellbeing, we have implemented a booking system via our new mobile app to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. As such, you are required to download the new mobile app and book your gym floor access and/or classes prior to your club visit.
Please click here on fitness centres reopening dates and business operation hours.
THE PROCEDURES INCLUDE:
MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND WATER SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT
To clean air filters and service all air conditioning units.
To ensure all emergency life-saving systems are operational.
To ensure water systems are flushed and sterilised in compliance with local authority standards. This includes drinking fountains and water in the showers.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSESSMENT
To ensure fire extinguishers are operational, emergency escape routes are clear.
To ensure the sound system, TVs, WiFi are operational.
As you return, below are the safety measures we have implemented for your wellbeing:
Bring your own gloves, mats and water bottles.
Have your temperature checked and hands sanitised when you enter and leave.
Keep a safe distance from others on the gym floor.
Wipe down equipment before and after use.
Avoid contact between your water bottle and water dispenser while refilling.
APART FROM OUR OWN TECHNICIANS, WE WILL BE WORKING CLOSELY WITH OUR PARTNERS SUCH AS LANDLORDS AND CONTRACTORS TO MANAGE OUR FITNESS CENTRES’ INSPECTIONS AND SERVICING. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILST WE GET OUR FITNESS CENTRES UP AND RUNNING.
FITNESS CENTRE REOPENING SCHEDULE
WHEN WILL THE CLUBS REOPEN?We will be reopening our clubs in phases starting 15 June 2020. All members will be notified 72 hours prior to the reopening date.
WHY DO YOU NEED SUCH A LONG TIME TO REOPEN?We can’t wait to have you back to continue your fitness journey with us. However, in order to ensure that our clubs are safe for you to train and for our staff to work in, we will be undertaking a series of assessments, inspections, and maintenance procedures which include (but are not limited to) the below:
MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND WATER SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT
- To inspect and test incoming voltage and power outlets
- To clean air filters and service all air conditioning units
- To ensure all emergency life-saving systems are operational
- To ensure water systems are flushed and sterilized in compliance with local authority standards. This includes drinking fountains and water in the showers.
- To clean and chlorinate all swimming pools.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSESSMENT
- Thoroughly service and clean all fitness equipment according to manufacturer guidelines
- To ensure the conditions of floors, walls, ceilings, doors are non-defective
- To ensure fire extinguishers are operational, emergency escape routes are clear
- To ensure the sound system, TVs, WiFi are operational
- To ensure all lockers, hair dryers are functioning and powered up
- To ensure temperature of sauna, steam room are set at the correct temperature as well as deep cleaned
WHAT ARE THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE WHEN YOU REOPEN?We have taken additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our members, guests and staff alike, in all our Fitness First clubs. We have:
- Stepped up the frequency of cleaning and wipe downs of our equipment and surfaces.
- Provided hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial sprays for members, guests, and staff use.
- Implemented mandatory staff travel declarations.
- Implemented temperature checks and health declaration for members and guests upon entry to clubs – anyone recording a temperature above 37.5 degrees or is experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose, difficulty in breathing and sore throat will be declined entry.
- Mandatory temperature checks for staff three times daily.
- Increased communications to staff and members to educate them about health and safety guidelines.
- Empowered our General Managers and club teams to monitor guests and members who, if exhibit any flu-like symptoms or seem unwell, to politely ask them to leave the premises and seek immediate medical attention.
- Advised staff to avoid physical contact with members and guests as appropriate. Correction of movement and/or posture will be done verbally or through demonstrations.
- We have also implemented additional control measures to ensure sufficient social distancing including: Reducing the capacity of Group Exercise classes - all booking of classes and Gym Floor Access will be strictly made via our new Mobile App.
When we reopen, we encourage you to bring the below for personal hygiene purposes:
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle
All classes that requires boxing glove and classes that require hammocks will temporarily stopped in order to minimise risk.
We encourage all members to continue to observe good personal hygiene, maintain good gym etiquette and be socially responsible. It is a collective effort to keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone safe.
WILL THERE BE RESTRICTIONS / LIMITATIONS ON members ENTERING THE CLUB?Upon entry, all visitors must complete and fulfill a Health Declaration Form. Please download the MySejahtera app to complete the health declaration form and scan QR code upon entry to our clubs.
ARE YOU LIMITING THE AMOUNT OF PeoPLe IN THE GYM AREA AND STUDIOS?We have capped a safe capacity at any one time in our clubs. We are encouraging all members to practice social distancing and follow the health and safety guidelines. We have also implemented restrictions on cardio machines, so you are required to leave a gap between treadmills, rowing machines, etc.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ACCESS THE CLUB UPON ITS REOPENING?
Before your visit
Pre-book your gym floor and/or class access through our new mobile app.
During your visit
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Show your app to our Front Counter team to verify your booking.
- Please download the MySejahtera app to complete the health declaration form and scan QR code upon entry to our clubs.
- Have your temperature checked – we reserve the right to deny entry if your temperature above 37.5 degrees or is experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose, difficulty in breathing and sore throat.
- Please wear a face mask before and after activity.
- Sanitise your hands upon entry and exit.
- Observe good personal hygiene including wiping down equipment before and after use and practice safe social distancing at all times.
IF I JUST WANT TO USE THE CARDIO/ STRENGTH AND/OR FREE WEIGHTS AREA, DO I STILL NEED TO MAKE A BOOKING?Yes, you must make a booking in order to gain access to the gym - select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app (subject to availability of slots).
IF I WANT TO JOIN A GROUP FITNESS CLASS, DO I NEED TO BOOK BOTH ‘GYM FLOOR ACCESS’ AND THE GROUP EXERCISE CLASS?No, you only need to book a spot in the group exercise class you wish to attend, subject to availability of slots in the class. You must make your booking prior to coming to the gym.
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE GYM?This will depend on your booking session. Please adhere to your booked timelines and leave immediately after your session.
DOES THE TIME SLOT INCLUDE THE TIME I WILL NEED TO SHOWER / CHANGE?Yes, the time slot will cater for time to allow for a quick shower/ change.
WHY DO I NEED TO BOOK GYM FLOOR ACCESS?We have implemented this new booking system to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. This, together with some other new in-club guidelines, seek to mitigate the health risks surrounding Covid-19. We continue to monitor the circumstances surrounding this global health pandemic and will adjust our policies accordingly in response to new developments.
CAN I FREEZE MY MEMBERSHIP IF I AM NOT READY TO HIT THE GYM?We understand that some of you may need more time to decide if you are ready to kickstart your fitness journey, hence we would like to offer you a free 30-day freeze option that will commence from your club opening date. Please let us know of your decision within 7 days of your club reopening date to allow us some time to make the necessary adjustments to your membership. If we do not hear from you within 7 days, we will continue to resume your billing accordingly.
We also recognize there are additional March dues that you have paid for but were unable to utilize in full due to the MCO. We have made the necessary adjustments in the system and we will carry forward this credit to your current month dues.
You can contact us at 1300 222 348, Monday to Friday (9am – 7pm) or drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IS THE WEEKEND BRING A FRIEND campaign SUSPENDED?We will be permanently ceasing the Weekend Bring a Friend privilege to allow for priority access for members only and minimise the risk of exposure.