In Asia, we have over 80 clubs in 6 countries with over 210,000 members. In Malaysia alone, we are 12 clubs strong with over 36,000 members and more than 400 employees.
This growth has been built through the quality of our staff. Our successful mix of recruitment, training, future development and career opportunities enables us to continually exceed our employees’ expectations.
We seek dynamic and passionate personnel to meet our rapid expansion needs. The opportunities for growth are tremendous, with more clubs opening.
Fitness First started small, as a single health and fitness club in Bournemouth in 1993. We’re now one of the largest gym, health and fitness club groups in the world with over 1 million members in more than 300 Fitness First clubs. At every club around the world, our focus is the same - that every single Fitness First member counts. We strive to provide our members with a ‘boutique gym’ experience usually found in single-gym establishments.
None of our global success would be possible without our fantastic people. Our teams across the world are our single biggest asset. We’ve created a business that supports its employees, develops skills and talents and rewards outstanding performance.
We give our team the opportunity to get more out of their career by inspiring each other to learn new things, achieve new qualifications, and get fitter together. We recognise talent and support our team to go further in their career. From taking advantage of our global opportunities to having the confidence to inspire our members, we encourage our team to raise the bar so we can celebrate and reward their great results.
We’re committed to inspiring our members to get fitter as we believe this helps them build confidence to get more out of life.
We work together as one team in environments full of inspiration, innovation and fun!
We encourage everyone to work out. It helps us feel great and go further in life. As an employee, you get free membership and a discounted one for a friend/family member.
Our people count. That’s why we offer ongoing development from the day you join to build a team of fitness experts.
The various career opportunities or positions available include the following:
Fitness Manager / Health & Fitness Manager
To ensure clean, fully operational facilities are provided with safe, well-organised and attended studio classes. To strive for motivated members winning on their exercise programs with satisfied members participating in classes on a regular basis. To encourage members’ interaction with one another during all exercise sessions. To assist members on the use of the exercise equipment and to design personal programmes. To create an active and friendly atmosphere to members/guests. Strive to attain excellence in fitness management, innovation, creativity and professional service.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• The Fitness Instructor must maintain constant communication with the Fitness Manager on all aspects of the fitness department and fitness event calendar planning. It is paramount to the success of the Fitness Department for the Instructor to maintain an open line of communication on any issues relating to the fitness program.
• Regularly interface with the Fitness Manager on the weekly schedule.
• Promote all fitness events and promotions within the club.
• To achieve monthly Personal Training (PT) goals.
• Teach FGT, Fitness Fix, Freestyle classes as set out by your manager.
• Read and understand all club memos and newsletters.
• Be on call to cover for any sickness or holiday for any fitness staff.
• Contact new members prior to first programs to confirm appointment and introduce yourself.
• Actively promote all fitness programs in the club. The goal is to establish regular usage from all members.
• Maintain all equipment and make sure the gymnasium is hospital 'clean'.
• Conduct updated programs for established members to measure improvement and set new goals.
• To act as role models in practising the principles of hospitality and customer service excellence.
• Use members' names as they come in contact with them. Politely introduce yourself when interacting with members you do not know.
• To participate in monthly department meeting to facilitate keeping yourself well informed, to solve problems, and to set goals.
• Ensure that you actively promote club membership sales, assist in different membership retention or sales drive projects whenever they arise.
• Ensure that the club’s fitness programming is the best
• To at all times conduct the utmost professionalism to all members and in house staff
• To attend monthly fitness department meetings.
• To assist the sales teams with club tours as necessary
• To welcome feedback from members and look for solutions.
• Be available when called upon by your Fitness Manager to work additional or adjusted hours to meet the club's needs during abnormal periods.
• To create a non-threatening atmosphere where all members can achieve their personal fitness goals, in addition to cleaning and maintaining the equipment and fitness facilities
• Co-ordination of all personal programs and screening processes
• Supervision of gymnasium at all times, assisting with spotting and correcting technique
• Monitor equipment maintenance and cleanliness
• To promote member educational programs
• Conduct club sweeps as designated by duty instructor
• Be fully conversant with all orientation procedures
• Provide members with Personal Training as required
• Endeavor to handle guests complaints. Depending on gravity, report to the immediate supervisor or to the Club General Manager.
Experience / Qualifications
• Must be qualified to basic internationally recognized qualifications or the equivalent.
Behaviour / Attitudes
• Must possess strong motivational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness to work long hours.
• Prepared to contend with inconsistent and excessive work demands.
• Consistently achieving or surpassing daily work targets and goals.
• Must be a self-starter and hold strong organisational skills.
• Must be solution orientated.
• Must have a high level of drive and desire to be a winner and achieve all set goals.
• Ability to continue the line of communication.
• Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity and in excellent work ethic.
• Have the ability to follow up and help implement all systems and procedures installed.
Club General Manager/Operation Team Leader
Ability to create a delightful atmosphere to members. Work within a small team environment, the objective being the smooth co-ordination of the front desk services and to provide consultation of membership sales and process. The role requires the individual to work independently and as part of a team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Able to do sales presentations & tours of the club;
• Able to create interest in the club as well as selling in person & over the telephone;
• Front desk administration, documentation, handling cash sales and cashier;
• Must be computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office;
• Pleasant personality, service oriented, a team player, organized and meticulous;
• To be responsible and always be on time for working your scheduled hours;
• To administrate the membership data-base using system, recording all necessary information;
• To support the Manager and action reports and information required for monthly meetings;
• Handle guest feedback and inquiry professionally, take ownership of the issues;
• Always be polite to members and always use member’s names when greeting them on entry.
Behaviour / Attitudes
• Active and eager in achieving sales targets in a positive & dynamic environment;
• Willingness to work long hours;
• Energetic and possess a genuine interest in communicating the effectiveness of exercising;
• Determine, motivated, ambitious, confident and relentless in the pursuit of sales;
• Passionate about health and fitness and takes pride in own personal appearance and well-being. Lives an active lifestyle;
• Enjoys working for a company that has a youthful and fun working environment with a healthy work-life balance;
Reporting to the Area Business Manager, the Club General Manager will have an overall responsibility to maximize club’s EBITDA performance through strategy execution, performance management and the growth and development of direct reports, all in line with the company business objectives.
As the Club General Manager, you will have an expert understanding of gym club management, key roles at the club level (Head of Department / HOD), Fitness First operational disciplines and executing the business strategy and brand standard. You will also have experience in P&L management as well as a proven track record of people development and performance management.
You will grow membership, revenue and profitability of the business whilst delivering an exceptional member experience and be passionate about working in an environment that constantly strives to improve peoples’ lives.
• Responsibility and ensuring club delivery of a premium member experience.
• Demonstrate personal commitment to the Fitness First strategy and brand promise.
• Have a clear understanding of the strategic objectives of the business.
• Management and development of the area business unit, including resource and budgets (including performing HOD performance coaching, HODs assessment to ensure consistency of performance standards).
• Take a broad overview of the portfolio of businesses and allocate time and resource accordingly.
• Provide a critical link between the club and the senior management of the company.
• At least 5 years within the health & fitness industry.
• Proven track record of leading a gym club to deliver business objectives.
• Experience in opening new club, managing set up of pre-sale and staffing will be added advantage.
• Ability to manage sales and services, club facilities, understanding fitness management.
• Leadership and communication skills at all levels of business (senior management to staff, internal / external).
• Ability to interpret club financial statements and assist business development